What's the Point?
There's a reason so many companies around the world are replacing wet signature with e-signature. E-signature services allow people to quickly and securely sign documents from almost anywhere in the world, getting them signed in minutes, not days or weeks. We really believe that Quik! is the fastest and most simple way to e-sign a form. All Quik! forms are e-signable by default, as long as they have a space for a least one signature on them. DocuSign is one of our e-sign partners, and as long as you have an account, you can use the Quik! App to sign any form with DocuSign.
The E-Sign Pop-Up is where you begin the process of e-signing a form with either DocuSign or SIGNiX. There are a number of e-signature settings that you can control here, as well as space to enter the information of the people that will be e-signing the forms.
Before e-signing a form with DocuSign, make sure you have done the following:
- You must first connect a DocuSign account in order to send forms off for e-signature with DocuSign.
- Select your forms, add clients if desired, and go to the Launch page. On the Launch page, be sure to select your DocuSign connection in the ESign Connection drop-down.
After you have taken the above steps, launch your forms. When you are finished entering data and ready to e-sign with DocuSign, click the Sign button to launch the E-Sign Pop-Up. Elements of the E-Sign Pop-Up are described below:
E-Sign Pop-Up Details
- Order: This field determines the order in which signers will receive the email from DocuSign with the link to the form for e-signature. By default, the order is set as the order in which the signature fields appear on the form. In the above example, the spouse's signature is asked for first on the form, then the Owner 1 signature, etc. You can manually change the order for any transaction by changing the numbers for each row-- the final order is simply determined from lowest number to highest.
- Role: The roles listed here are determined by which roles have been assigned a signature field on the form itself. They cannot be changed.
- Name/Email: Name and Email will be automatically pre-filled onto the pop-up with the information entered on the form itself, and can be edited as needed. The email entered here is the email to which the DocuSign envelope link will be sent to. Note that you only need to enter the name and email for people you actually need an e-signature for. Rows can be left blank if no signature is required for a given transaction.
- Send Type: Choose a DocuSign Send Type for each recipient here. Send Type determines what category of recipient each person is. The most commonly used Send Type is EmailToSign, which enables a recipient to simply receive the form via email to e-sign it. Send Type has the following values:
Choosing a sign type of none (blank drop-down option) removes the recipient from the signing process. For more information on what each DocuSign Send Type is, please see DocuSign documentation on this topic.
- Identity Check: Choose a DocuSign Identity Check option for each recipient here. Identity Check is an optional setting that you can use to confirm the identity of the signer for added security. The most commonly used Identity Check option is No Identity Check, which is the fastest way for a recipient to sign the form, but offers no added security as there is no third party authentication of the recipient's identity. Identity Check has the following values:
No Identity Check
For more information on what each DocuSign Identity Check option is, please see DocuSign documentation on this topic.
- Add Recipient: Click this button to send the form to another recipient who will simply view the form. They will not have the ability to sign the form with DocuSign e-signature-- only view it in DocuSign. By default, the added recipient is the last person to receive a copy of the signed form (aka the highest number in the Order column).
- Subject/Message: This is the subject and message body of the email that each recipient will receive from DocuSign. You can customize both, or simply use the default language.
The default Subject text is the following:
Please e-sign these forms (<form dealer name>)
The default Message text is the following:
The attached forms were completed and prepared for you to sign.
<list of form names in current form package>
Please sign these forms by clicking the link.
(<Form View ID>)
- Send: When you are finished configuring all recipients and settings, click the Send button as the last step, to begin the e-sign process. DocuSign will immediately send an email to the first ordered recipient once Send is clicked. You can then close the E-Sign Pop-Up, and you are finished with the transaction.