What's the Point?
The E-Sign Pop-Up is where you begin the process of e-signing a form with either DocuSign or SIGNiX. There are a number of e-signature settings that you can control here, as well as space to enter the information of the people that will be e-signing the forms.
Before e-signing a form with SIGNiX, make sure you have done the following:
- You must first connect a SIGNiX account in order to send forms off for e-signature with SIGNiX.
- You will also need to choose an Advisor on the Launch page prior to launching forms. The name and email that belongs to the Advisor that you choose will be used as the "sender" of the SIGNiX emails. For details on how to add an Advisor, see here.
- Select your forms, add clients if desired, and go to the Launch page. On the Launch page, be sure to select your SIGNiX connection in the ESign Connection drop-down.
After you have taken the above steps, launch your forms. When you are finished entering data and ready to e-sign with SIGNiX, click the Sign button to launch the E-Sign Pop-Up. Elements of the E-Sign Pop-Up are described below:
- Order: This field determines the order in which signers will receive an email from SIGNiX with the link to the form for e-signature. By default, the order is set as the order in which the signature fields appear on the form. In the above example, the spouse's signature is asked for first on the form, then the Owner 1 signature, etc. You can manually change the order for any transaction by changing the numbers for each row-- the final order is simply determined from lowest number to highest.
- Role: The roles listed here are determined by which roles have been assigned a signature field on the form itself. They cannot be changed.
- First Name/Last Name/Email: Names and emails will be automatically pre-filled onto the pop-up with the information entered on the form itself and can be edited as needed. The email entered here is the email to which the SIGNiX envelope link will be sent to. Note that you only need to enter the name and email for people you actually need an e-signature for. Rows can be left blank if no signature is required for a given transaction.
- Authentication: Choose a SIGNiX Authentication option for each recipient here. Authentication is used to determine what extra security you would like to assign to each recipient to ensure that they are who they say they are. The lowest security option is Email Only, which will simply instruct SIGNiX to send an email to the recipient to e-sign the form with no extra security validation. The use of some options may require administrative configuration on your SIGNiX account. For more information on each Authentication option, contact your SIGNiX representative.
- SSN/DOB: Enter the Social Security number and Date of Birth for selected recipients here. These fields are available based on which Authentication option is selected for a recipient. Not all Authentication options will require use of these fields.
- Verify Code: Enter the Verify Code for selected recipients here. Verify Code is an alpha-numeric code that a recipient must enter in order to access the forms for e-signature. Whoever fills out the Verify Code field in the E-Sign Pop-Up must communicate what the code is to the recipient through some other means (call, email, etc.) as an added layer of security. This field is available based on which Authentication option is selected for a recipient. Not all Authentication options will require use of this field.
- Subject/Message: This is the subject and message body of the email that each recipient will receive from SIGNiX. You can customize both, or simply use the default language.
The default Subject text is the following:
Please e-sign these forms (<form dealer name>)
The default Message text is the following:
The attached forms were completed and prepared for you to sign.
<list of form names in current form package>
Please sign these forms by clicking the link.
(<Form View ID>)
- Send: When you are finished configuring all recipients and settings, click the Send button as the last step to begin the e-sign process. SIGNiX will immediately send an email to the first ordered recipient once Send is clicked. You can then close the E-Sign Pop-Up and close the Form Viewer.