This article will cover a few topics and important details about how the Field Mapping Tool works in the Quik! App. Below is a list of the information we will cover in this article.
1. How Field Mapping Tool works
The Field Mapping Tool works by connecting a CRM to your Quik! account and allowing you to add, change, or remove how certain fields from Quik! map to your CRM. The rest of this article details how to access Field Mapping Tool and how to review or update mapping.
2. How to Access Field Mapping Tool
The Field Mapping Tool can be accessed by clicking the MAP button once a CRM or Data Source is connected. You'll find CRM & Other Data Sources located in the Integrations tab by clicking on Settings > Integrations > CRM & Other Data Sources:
Once you click on the MAP button, the current/in-use Mapping configuration for the selected Data Source will display. Below, we want to point out important Field Mapping Tool features:
1. Reset Mapping - Reset Mapping configuration to CRM defaults
2. Save Template - Save the current Mapping configuration for later use
3. Load Template - Load previously saved Mapping configuration
4. Update Mapping - Applies current Mapping configuration
5. Source Field Name - Fields available in your CRM
6. Sample Data - Data pulled from the record selected (Click on the 'x' to reveal a dropdown menu)
7. Mapping - Each Source Field Name can be mapped to a Quik! Field Name via Drag and Drop
8. Quik! Field Name - List of available Quik! Base Field Names (Includes FieldShortName and QuikFieldName)
Note: Redtail CRM is being used for this example.
Example: Dragging and dropping Quik! Field Names into the Mapping column
3. How To Review Default Mapping
The information below will provide an overview of the Default Mapping you see when you initially click on the MAP button.
1. For this example, we're using a Redtail contact record for our client Peter Parker.
2. Below, we can review the default Redtail mapping for our client Peter Parker, who we entered into the Sample Data field, and the word 'address' we typed into the Quik! Field Name search. Note: Home or Legal Address Line 1 is Quik! Base Field 'H.Addr1', Mailing Address City is 'M.City', etc.
3. This form example shows the Field Names for both Quik! Parent + Base Fields. Parent fields are the highest-level field names and describe the entity or object to which a base field applies. Base Fields are the lowest-level field name describing the type of data expected to be captured by the field on the form.
4. Below is a screenshot of the Add People section in the Quik! App. We have assigned our client Peter Parker to the Owner 1 role from our Redtail CRM. The second screenshot shows how Peter's information will appear on the form:
4. How to Update Mapping
In this example, we will be updating the mapping for Source Field Direct Dial Extension (Phones.DD.Extension) from Office Phone Extension (O.PhoneExt) to Number of Dependents (DependentsNum).
1. Redtail Contact Card (highlighted is the Source Field for Direct Dial Extension):
2. The Redtail Direct Dial extension 79 (as shown above) can be seen at the top of the screenshot below. You will notice the Source Field Name is listed as Phone.DD.Extension. The Mapping is currently set as Office Phone Extension.
3. To change the field's mapping, click and drag DependentsNum from the Quik! Field Name column on the right into the Mapping column row 71:
4. Click Update Mapping:
5. Value 79 will now be mapped to 1own.DependentsNum:
Example: This video demonstrates assigning the ClientAge field to the DependentsNum field:
How to Map Custom Fields from SalesForce: