What's the Point?
Many organizations maintain their client information in a CRM such as Salesforce. One of the big benefits of using Quik! is the ability to automatically prefill your CRM data on a form. This means you don't have to manually type information that you already know, and you can use that saved time to focus on what really matters. Connect your Salesforce CRM account to Quik! for a seamless flow of data from your CRM database directly onto the forms you launch.
Note: To use our Salesforce integration with Quik!, you must store your client data as Person Accounts in Salesforce, rather than Contacts. Person Accounts are intended for B2C organizations and are more often used in financial services than Contacts. By default Person Accounts are available in the Financial Services Cloud version of Salesforce. If you do not have the Financial Services Cloud, you may visit this link Person accounts information to learn more about enabling Person Accounts.
Before you start:
- Make sure you have access to your Salesforce Admin account credentials, as well as the email inbox associated with your Salesforce Admin account.
- Log into your Salesforce account with Admin credentials
- In Salesforce, go to Setup
- In the search bar, go to Create > Apps
- At the bottom, under Connected Apps, click the New button
- Enter a Connected App Name (whatever you want)
- In the Callback URL field, enter this value: https://quikformsapp.com/sf
- In Selected OAuth Scopes, click the Add arrow to add all items to the Selected OAuth Scopes box
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save
- In the search bar, go back to Create > Apps
- Click on the newly created Connected App
- Under the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, find the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret (click on the text to reveal the Consumer Secret), and Callback URL values. You will need these values in the following steps.
To connect in the Quik! App:
- Go to the hamburger menu at the top of the Quik! App and select Settings. In the Integrations tab, you will see the CRM & Other Data Sources section.
- Click the ADD SOURCE button to show the Add Data Source pop-up.
- Select SalesForce from the SELECT DATA SOURCE drop-down.
- Add a CONNECTION NAME. Since Quik! supports the ability to connect to multiple CRM accounts, you will need to give each a descriptive name so that you know which is which. For example, "John Doe's SalesForce Account".
- Enter your Salesforce Consumer Key into the CLIENT ID field.
- Enter your Salesforce Consumer Secret into the CLIENT SECRET field.
- Enter your Salesforce domain into the BASE URL field (by default, the domain will be https://login.salesforce.com unless your organization uses a custom Salesforce domain).
- OPTIONAL: Check the Make Private checkbox if you do not want other Users on your account to see this Salesforce connection. By default, this checkbox is unchecked, so Salesforce connections can be seen by all users on the account.
- Click the ADD button
- A Salesforce login window should pop-up. In this window, either enter your Salesforce Admin credentials or click Allow Access. If credentials were entered, Salesforce will send a verification code to the email associated with the Salesforce Admin account. Open the email to find the verification code, enter the code, and finish the login process.
- The window will close automatically, and you will see the Salesforce connection has been added to your Quik! Account. You will also see a second "ConnectedApp" connection listed there. This second connection is a requirement in Salesforce and is only visible to Admins. If you wish to delete your Salesforce connection at any time, you must remove both connections.
- CONNECTION VISIBILITY: Select from the dropdown if you would like your CRM connection to be Public (Available To All Users) or Private (Available Only To You)
All active connections listed in the CRM & Other Data Sources block can be edited with the pencil icon and deleted with the x icon. Once added, connections can be selected on the ADD PEOPLE page to prefill your forms. See How to Add People for more details.
- Depending on your Salesforce account settings, your connection may expire in a set amount of time (e.g., 30 days). If this happens, you will see an error message on the Add People page. When you see the error, Quik! recommends removing the connection and then re-adding it as this will refresh the connection to make it usable again.
- If your organization uses a custom Salesforce login screen, this must be disabled when setting up the connection. You must use the default Salesforce login screen when setting up the connection.