Many organizations maintain their client information in a CRM such as Sycamore on Salesforce. One of the big benefits of using Quik! is the ability to automatically prefill your CRM data on a form. This means you don't have to manually type information that you already know, and you can use that saved time to focus on what really matters. Connect your Sycamore CRM account to Quik! for a seamless flow of data from your CRM database directly onto the forms you launch. Users can also log into Quik! via Single Sign-On (SSO) from Sycamore--see below for more information.
- Setting up SSO with Quik! is a two-step process: establishing a connection to Salesforce at an organization level, and at the user level. If a particular Salesforce user account changes (e.g., if the account is cancelled, if the password changes, etc.), the Salesforce connection will not be affected for the organization or for other SSO users.
- Once logged in, SSO users will only have access to their data from Salesforce. Data is not shared across SSO users.
Before you start (Admins only):
- Make sure you have access to your Salesforce Admin account credentials, as well as the email inbox associated with your Salesforce Admin account.
- Log into your Salesforce account with Admin credentials
- In Salesforce, go to Setup
- In the search bar, go to Create > Apps
- At the bottom, under Connected Apps, click the New button
- Enter a Connected App Name (whatever you want)
- In the Callback URL field, enter this value: https://quikformsapp.com/sf
- In Selected OAuth Scopes, click the Add arrow to add all items to the Selected OAuth Scopes box
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save
- In the search bar, go back to Create > Apps
- Click on the newly created Connected App
- Under the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, find the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret (click on the text to reveal the Consumer Secret), and Callback URL values. You will need these values in the following steps.
To connect your Salesforce - Sycamore account to the Quik! App (Admins only):
- Make sure you are logged in as an Admin on your Quik! account. Go to the hamburger menu at the top of the Quik! App and select Settings. In the Integrations tab, you will see the CRM & Other Data Sources section.
- Click the ADD SOURCE button to show the Add Data Source pop-up.
- Select Sycamore from the SELECT DATA SOURCE drop-down.
- Add CONNECTION NAME. Since Quik! supports the ability to connect to multiple CRM accounts, you will need to give each a descriptive name so that you know which is which. For example, "John Smith's SalesForce Account".
- Enter your Salesforce Consumer Key into the CLIENT ID field.
- Enter your Salesforce Consumer Secret into the CLIENT SECRET field.
- Enter your Salesforce domain into the BASE URL field (by default, the domain will be https://login.salesforce.com unless your organization uses a custom Salesforce domain).
- Check the Make Private checkbox
- Click the ADD button
- A Salesforce login window should pop-up. In this window, enter the Salesforce credentials that your account will use when accessing Salesforce data, or click Allow Access if already signed into Salesforce. If credentials were entered, Salesforce will send a verification code to the email associated with the Salesforce Admin account. Open the email to find the verification code, enter the code, and finish the log in process. Additional notes on these steps below:
a. Do not enter the credentials of any other Salesforce user besides your own. If your organization is using SSO, all users who SSO into Quik! for the first time, they will be prompted to enter their own Salesforce credentials to access their own Salesforce data in Quik!.
b. If the particular Salesforce account used in this step changes (e.g., if the account is cancelled, if the password changes, etc.), the Sycamore connection will not be affected for the organization or for SSO users. When a connection is first created, Quik! establishes and stores a Salesforce token which is not affected by future password changes.
- The window will close automatically, and you will see the Salesforce connection has been added to your Quik! Account. You will also see a second "ConnectedApp" connection listed there. This second connection is a requirement of Salesforce, and is only visible to Admins. If you wish to delete your Salesforce connection at any time, you must remove both connections.
All active connections are listed in the CRM & Other Data Sources block, and can be edited with the pencil icon, and deleted with the x icon. Once added, connections can be selected on the ADD PEOPLE page to prefill your forms. See How to Add People for more details. If you are connected to Sycamore in order to allow users to SSO into Quik! from Sycamore, see below for additional steps.
- If your organization's master Quik! account has other CRM connections added in addition to your Sycamore connection (e.g., Redtail), you will need to remove them so that the Sycamore connection is the only available connection in your account.
- If your organization uses a custom Salesforce login screen, this must be disabled when setting up a connection to Sycamore. You must use the default Salesforce login screen when setting up the connection.
Accessing Quik! via SSO from Sycamore
Salesforce Admins should review this page on how to establish an SSO connection to the Quik! App. Please feel free to reach out to the Quik! team as you build an SSO request infrastructure.
After a Quik! Admin has connected their Sycamore account to Quik! following the steps above, Sycamore users can now Single Sign-On (SSO) into the Quik! App. Users will select the Send to Quik! button in Sycamore to begin the SSO process. Upon first SSO login to the Quik! App, users will see a pop-up in Quik! that will ask them to connect to their Salesforce account. Users will click the button to open a Salesforce login window and enter their Salesforce username and password. Once logged in, they can continue to find forms in the Quik! App, Add People using the clients delivered in the SSO request, and then launch and complete the forms.